Goat Maid's Farm
PLEASE READ THE TERMS OF SALE BELOW BEFORE PLACING A DEPOSIT. IF YOU DO NOT OR CANNOT AGREE TO THESE TERMS DO NOT PLACE A DEPOSIT PLEASE!
Policy changes are made as needed.
Doelings: $300 and Up
Bucklings:$275 and Up
Doelings: $150 - $275
- Goat Maid's Farm reserves the right make changes to the breeding lineup and retain any kid from any breeding at any time.
- Make sure you contact me before making a deposit to ensure the goat/breeding is available.
- Send me an email if you are interested in a specific breeding pair to reserve the kid(s) before birth. I'll keep track of reservations according to the date I am contacted. I will contact you to confirm your reservation and when your kid hits the ground you will be contacted again. I will do the best I can to contact you within 3 days. of your reserved kidding. Please be patient it could take up to 5days post kidding before I contact you.
- Unless arrangements have previously been made, once the kid is born and I contact you, you'll have 48 hrs. to make your decision. If I don't hear from you, I'll contact the next name on the list.
- Deposits are required to hold an adult goat. Once you receive confirmation of availability you have 48 hrs. to place your deposit to make sure the adult goat is yours. Otherwise you take the gamble of someone else placing their deposit after the 48 hr. grace period.
- I don't require a deposit on unborn goat kids.
- Once the kids are born and I get your commitment (via email) on a goat kid, I require a $100 deposit per goat within 5 days for Registered goats and $50 deposit per goat for Non-registered goats. If I don't receive payment, I will contact the next person on the list.
- I accept checks for deposit. If you choose to make a deposit payment by using PayPal and Credit Card will have a 3.2% convenience fee added to total cost. Checks made out for final payment must be cleared 10 days prior any goat leaving the property, plan accordingly. Goats will not leave the farm if you show up with a check in hand the same day you pick your goat(s) up.
- In the event something happens to your reserved kid/goat between time of reservation and pickup, I'll gladly refund your deposit or apply it toward a kid/adult goat that would also fit your needs, whichever you prefer.
- Because we dam raise (keep kids with their mamas), there will be AT LEAST a 8 week wait on kids.
- Wethers may go to their new homes after 9 weeks. Wethers get castrated at the 8 week mark and will stay on the farm one week post-op while they heal.
- Bucklings go to their new home at 8 weeks, no acceptions. Because of their breeding abilities at 8 weeks they will have to be housed separate from the rest of the herd, Each day spent past the 8 week mark will incur a $3 per day charge.
- Doelings go to their new homes at 9 weeks.
- Our goats are healthy and Registered Stock are free from disqualifying faults when we sell them and we guarantee this at time of pick-up or shipping. Since we cannot control the goat's environment once they leave our farm, we cannot offer further guarantees.
- All goat kids will receive their first series of medications (CD&T - 2 shots at 4wks & 8wks, worming and Cocci prevention), hoof trim and disbudding prior to leaving the farm. If you choose to keep your kids free of the CD&T vaccine, email your request.
- We disbud (remove horn buds) ALL kids at 2-5 days after birth. If you prefer not to have your kid disbudded, notify us of your decision prior the goat kid being born. Goat kids must be paid in full 1 day after birth if you choose not to have him/her disbudded. Any goat not paid in full within one day after birth will be disbudded despite being expressed verbally/written. It's quite possible scurs (small toenail shaped horn growth at the horn site) may develop. These can easily be removed with clippers or pulled off as they grow.
- Stress is very common in both kids and adults of all ages when moved from one place to another. Illness and in rare cases death can occur if the animal is not properly handled or treated.
- Registered Stock will be free of disqualifying faults at the time of pick up. However, once they leave our farm, there are no other guarantees to the future health, height, or quality of the animal.
- Testing on Goat Maid's Farm herd for, Johne's and CAE (Vet or Bio Tracking) with all tests being negative. Upon request, these results will be emailed to you.
- You will need to have the kid(s) paid in full before they can leave Goat Maid's Farm. No exceptions.
- I do reserve the right to refuse a sale without explanation and at that time, any deposit will be immediately refunded.
- Any and all costs associated with shipping or transportation, including any health certificates/related testing, vet visits, crates, etc., are the responsibility of the buyer.
- At the time of pick up, please have an appropriate crate/trailer to transport your goats in. Goats do not tolerate wind, using a wire crate in the bed of a pick up truck is not appropriate. If this is the only crate you have, wrap the top and 3 sides with a heavy tarp to prevent wind and possibly creating a very stressed goat.
- A medium dog crate is large enough to house one adult goat or 2 kids under 6 months.
Registration & Other:
- Registrable goats born on our farm will carry our herd name "Goat Maid's Farm" as well as the goat's name we choose that follows our herd name.
- ALL goats will be tattooed prior leaving the farm, this insures identity and safety in the event the goat is ever lost or stolen. Tattoos are also required for registered goats.
- If you would like your goat micro-chipped we can do so for $100 paid with notice and deposit.
- Breeding and Show Stock can be registered ADGA/AGS/NDGA. I will mail in applications thru ADGA for kids purchased from Goat Maid's Farm. Once the certificates are mailed back to me I will forward them to you. Applications for AGS/NDGA will be completed by me and given to you on the day you pick your goat(s) up. It will be your responsibility to mail them in with appropriate fees.
- All bucklings born of First Fresheners (FF) will be offered as wethers. Wethers are great for showing in 4H and NDGA. Wethers make wonderful pets without the crazy hormones and buck odors.
- We of course encourage anyone interested in purchasing our goats to come by for a visit and have a look first hand.
- ****Note if money has been applied to an animal and the buyer backs out of the deal , there is no refund of monies paid in.
Due to the health and safety of our animals and minimal free time we have, we do not offer social visits on the farm to pet/feed the animals. Thank you for understanding.
Learning Tree Farms located off Union Road in Jefferson Twp and Young's Dairy in Yellow Springs welcome social visits to view/pet/feed their animals. Directions/hours can be found on Google